Monday, March 05, 2007

Missionary Letter March 2007

Dear friends and family,

We greet you with affection wishing you all the best. We have wonderful news! God is faithful and a very great God. We know this because all of us have received from Him innumerable benefits. Some days ago Dan was reading the new book by Philip Yancey called Prayer¨and God put the same theme on my heart to preach in the church where we are attending in Puerto Escondido. Äs I was preparing the message I was remembering all of the specific answers to prayer I have received over the years. I have a prayer journal where I have a record of my requests with the date and also the date when each request was answered. I learned this from my mentor in missions who has done the same thing over the years. I could see that the majority of requests since Dan and I were married have been answered. Only the request for a child had a blank box next to it but two months ago I could check that box as answered. Yes, God has answered that prayer request and so far everything is going well and we don´t know how to thank our beloved Father in Heaven for his incredible mercy to us.

As we wait for this miracle child we continue to collaborate with the Rocablanca mission base. This past month we had a surgical campaign led by a plastic surgeon from Corpus Christi, TX. Two baby girls, both a year and a half, had their cleft lips repaired. We also did a circumcision, an amputation and removed two cysts from two young ladies. All the surgeries were successful thanks be to God. This time God provided us a brand new government hospital for the surgeries.

Dan and I are not visiting the mountain villages during my pregnancy so we are able to cover the Base clinic while Laura takes teams to the villages. They have received many blessings as well as come up against some resistance. Recently, the people from one village rose up against a Mixtecan missionary because they accused him of bringing in foreigners to steal their land. But God once again stepped in and impeded their desire that he leave their village. Please continue to pray for brother Florentino. We have been blessed with a medical couple from New York who have been with us for the past two months and have made many visits to indigenous villages.

We have seen the provision of the Lord in our lives in so many ways beginning with the provision of medical help in the clinic during my pregnancy. His timing, as always, is perfect. We rejoice that Dr. Eder, a young doctor from a church in Puerto Escondido, has recently joined our clinic staff full-time. We also rejoice in the provision of a home in Puerto that allows us time and space for rest as well as an extra room for a baby. Finally, for the provision that comes from many of you that allows us to serve God in Oaxaca. Thank you so much for your assistance and God has His reward for you.

We love you and hope to stay in contact. May God bless you richly, Dan & Angelica

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Blogger Matt S. said...

Hey Dan and Angelica! Thank you so much for posting and allowing me to read up on what is going on in your lives and what is going on with the ministry at Roca. Praise God for answering your prayer for a child! That is very exciting. I am coming to Oaxaca in May with the Grove and I am very excited to see you and talk w/ you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do from the states to help out you guys or Roca. I would feel blessed to be able to help.

-Matt S.

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Dan, Angelica & Jacob said...

Thanks Matt for reading our blog. Can´t wait to see you again in May.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home